Understanding the Options in Oxycodone Addiction Treatment
The Watershed of the Palm Beaches is licensed by the State of Florida and “Gold Seal” accredited by The Joint Commission for alcohol and drug treatment. This symbolizes value and illumines the dedication to meeting industry performance standards. We are a world-class health care facility that offers professional addiction treatment. Just two miles from beautiful Palm Beach County beaches, our rehabilitation center is the perfect setting to emerge refreshed and renewed.Read More ›
The more you take oxycodone the greater chance there is of developing an addiction to the drug. You may not see this coming, as it has the tendency to sneak up on people over time.
If you have developed an oxycodone addiction, you have two general options when it comes to treatment:
- Go at it alone in hopes that you can overcome the addiction without outside help
- Enter an oxycodone recovery program to ensure that you are receiving professional assistance every step of the way
Somebody who is dependent on oxycodone will experience withdrawal symptoms as they attempt to put their use in the past. These symptoms can include:
- Stomach cramps
- Muscle pain
- Fast heart rate
- Increased breathing
With so many potential side effects of oxycodone withdrawal, it is important to be watched during a professional staff during this part of the treatment process.
The way you are treated for an oxycodone addiction may not be the same as the next person, however, there are many strategies to consider:
- Detoxification. During this time, the amount of oxycodone that you have access to will be slowly reduced. You may experience some or all of the withdrawal symptoms above, but detox can go a long way in keeping you sober over the long run. Those who are addicted to oxycodone may have access to prescription medication during detox, which can include methadone or buprenorphine.
- Counseling. Are you dealing with any issues that are holding you back from staying sober? This can be anything from a lack of housing to mental health concerns. No matter what you are going through, individual and group counseling will improve your chance of success.
- Outpatient or residential? This is one of the biggest decisions you will make. With residential oxycodone treatment, you will be under the supervision of a qualified medical team at all times. When you opt for outpatient treatment, more of the burden is placed on your back, as you are not going to receive around the clock supervision and care.
When it comes to oxycodone addiction treatment, there is nothing more important than knowing and comparing your many options. This is the only way to be confident in the strategy you are employing for taking back your life.
It is good to know that there are many types of treatment options. This makes it easier to find something that works for you. In the end, the only thing that matters is that you devise a strategy for overcoming your oxycodone addiction.